Instagram

Monday, August 12, 2013

Week #32: In Motion

In 2013 I am participating in a weekly themed photo project on flickr. Here are my photos so far. The theme for 8/5 - 8/11 was "In Motion".

Last night, coming back across town from dinner with my parents, I knew I wanted to try and get a shot of the Boardwalk at night for my "in motion" shot. I took this one from the bluffs overlooking Seabright beach. It was much harder than I thought to get a good, long exposure shot of the lights on all the rides because I forgot my tripod and I was shooting at a significant distance, but this is the best of the bunch. I like how it has a kind of abstract quality to it and captures the motion the lights, the rides, and the riders.



To give you an idea of how far away I was from the Boardwalk, here's a long shot from the same session. Again, no tripod so not as sharp as I'd like:

No comments:

Post a Comment