Instagram

Thursday, May 23, 2013

Week #20: Dyptich

I am doing a weekly themed photo project on flickr. Here are my photos so far.

This week was especially challenging because it was a collaboration. The theme was "dyptich" which is an image created by placing two different photos side-by-side, in this case created with another group member. To complete this challenge I had to find a partner who is also in the flickr group. Luckily the lovely eraggi agreed to partner with me. She lives in France, and after some email back and forth we decided to focus on the theme of "water".

I had a heck of a time with my part of the assignment.  My first trip out was a fail due to dead camera batteries, and then when I finally did get some shots my camera was somehow set to the lowest resolution.  Nonetheless, I think my photo is decent and the collaboration turned out great.  Last year, this is the week that took me out of the challenge for good.  I just didn't have it in me to find a partner.  So I am extremely proud of myself for completing this week's theme.

On the left side is eraggi's image, taken in Grenoble, France on the Isere River.  On the right is my image, of the Pacific Ocean in Santa Cruz, California.

Week #20 Diptych with another  member

No comments:

Post a Comment