Instagram

Friday, March 8, 2013

Coping

Apricot Blossoms

It has been a busy week and I can feel the overwhelming pressure of stress building and threatening to overtake me.  Yoga, meditation, and exercise help keep it at bay but I have missed two workouts this week due to other commitments.  

I am in another time of flux and transition in life.  While these changes are for the better, and I will write about them when the time is right, it still takes a massive amount of energy and mental clarity to break out of old habits and patterns and create change.  I feel excited and exhausted.

At work, my students appear to be preparing for the Ides of March by preemptively creating chaos. Pretty much every one of my 11 students is having a challenging time right now.  Work with teenagers with emotional disabilities is like that.  One step forward, two steps back.  We can have weeks where everyone is making excellent progress, and then all of a sudden they all go down like dominoes.  Some of my students may be reading this... if so, then here's my TGIF message... come on folks!  Remember, our actions dictate our feelings, not the other way around.  Let's have some fun today and think about positive growth and not dwell on negative thoughts!

OK, I feel better now.  This is Suzy Sunshine, signing off.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment