Instagram

Sunday, February 17, 2013

Wilder Ranch Hike

Yesterday was my first "Family Hiking Group" outing, and it was a success!  I started this group with the intention of bringing my friends and their spouses, kids, and parents together for regular outdoor adventures.  My goal is to spend more time with the people I love and also to allow those people to make connections with each other, which can hopefully increase everyone's support network.

For our first hike / nature walk / let's see how far everyone can go adventure there was a diverse group of 7 of us ranging in age from toddler to mid-60's, with a mix of fitness levels as well.  For the route I chose a 2.25 mile coastal loop trail that is pretty much flat.  I knew the distance might be a challenge for our littlest member but he held up like a champ and actually ran most of the way.  Everyone had a good time and it was nice to be out in the sunshine surrounded with people I care about.

I hope to be able to get together monthly, and for our next outing I think we will try Nicene Marks for a redwood forest nature walk.  I am glad I started this group and am looking forward to our next adventure!

Tracks

Wilder Hike

Cove Trail

Sea Lions

Geese

No comments:

Post a Comment