Instagram

Saturday, May 15, 2010

Touring

Lately I've been getting into riding my bike.  I have a little Cannondale mountain bike that Jason got for my birthday a few years ago.  Since we moved to Aptos, I've ridden quite a few times.  Going up into Nicene was especially magical, since the end of our street borders this State Park and it was amazing to ride from my driveway pretty much straight up the mountain, and then shoot straight down to the ocean.
Inspired by the fabulous Ms. Bitch Cakes, I decided to take my camera last Saturday and combine two of my hobbies into a photo bike tour.
I started at my house in Aptos and rode down through Cabrillo College and over to Park Ave, and then down into Capitola Village
Capitola
Capitola
Capitola

Leaving the village, I returned via Park Avenue to the frontage road between New Brighton and Seacliff, and access the Porter-Sesnon open space, where I attempted my first real trail experience on the bike and thought I was going to eat it several times.  Glad there was no one around to hear me yelping "Oh SH*T".
New Brighton

New BrightonNew Brighton
New Brighton

Then I dropped down to Seacliff and rode out to the cement ship
Seacliff SB
Seacliff SB

All in all, about a 2 hour tour, including photo time.  I'm very proud of myself for venturing out in a new way.  during this trip my chain came off three times because, well, I don't know how to ride a bike that well yet.  So I had to fix that each time, which was a small adventure in itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment