Instagram

Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Hiking Fall Creek

Today I left my camera behind for a change and Jason and I hiked about 9 miles into Henry Cowell State Park in the Fall Creek Unit. We started at the parking lot on Felton Empire Rd. and went straight up Fall Creek trail. We turned left at Big Ben trail, then descended right down Lost Empire Trail and met back up with Fall Creek/Bennett Creek.



This was by far the most challenging hike I've done in years and I was amazed at how much all my time at the gym has paid off this summer. My foot is almost totally rehabbed, although my ankle is still relatively weaker on the right side and was sore by the end of the trip. My foot didn't hurt but it was relatively swollen. Speaking of swollen, I did get stung by a freak forest bee! Good thing I'm not allergic. I'm stoked to have completed such a (for me) long hike.

I have taken pictures at Fall Creek before, though I'm glad I wasn't lugging my camera this time. It's a gorgeous part of the Santa Cruz Mountains.
Fall Creek
Fall Creek
Absinthe

No comments:

Post a Comment