Instagram

Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Monterey Bay Aquarium

Last week, on Tuesday, we went down and bought season passes to the Aquarium as one of our Christmas presents (the other present to ourselves is a Wii!)

I was definately worth it -- visiting just twice in a year pays for the passes ($120 for 2 adults and if you have kids or grandkids that includes 2 free kids passes for the little ones).

We havent been down there in about 7 years, because the last time we went it just had a weird vibe -- there were fire alarms going off and stuff leaking from the ceiling and we just didn't have a very good time.  

They've cleaned it up a lot since then,and added new exhibits like a freshwater area for otters and a third area to view the open ocean exhibit from ground level.  

The most exciting part for me was the aviary, of course.  Jason's present to me was a teleconverter lens for my camera that gives me telephoto capabilities -- perfect for wildlife photography.



Monterey Bay Aquarium Aviary

Jason was delighted that they added two amazing cichlid tanks, since that is his passion.


Cichlids

You can check out the rest of my photos (I'm still editing and uploading) in this flickr set.

2 comments:

  1. Oh-ho! Sure fooled me. I am also Sara, and had just left a comment on "ransomedoff" and received notification that I'd left two MORE comments.... which led me to your lovely blogspot (whoever you are, clearly friends of my nephew Dan & his beloved wife Emily). I enjoyed your beautiful photos and the breath of fresh air you convey through your entries.

    Carry on, wii applaud u.
    Sara (Ransom)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gerat photos, and welcome back! Be sure to check out "The Secret Lives of Seahorses" when it opens in April. (No birds, but lots of cool seahorses & sea dragons.) Did you see Makana the albatross on your visit? 11:15 a.m. presentation in the galleries every day. -- Ken Peterson, Monterey Bay Aquarium

    ReplyDelete