Instagram

Tuesday, April 10, 2007

UCSC Arboretum


Pink Proteaceae, originally uploaded by sgrace.

Today I continued my photo safari trend and went back up to UCSC, this time to check out the Arboretum. I lived at UCSC for two years and worked there for 10 and, believe it or not, I have never been to this amazing garden. Now I am ashamed to admit it. Even though it is early spring and some blooms have been damaged by frost, there were still a lot of unusual flowers and foliage. The garden has collections from Australia, South Africa and New Zealand that take up acres, as well as smaller California Native Plant and Succulent Gardens.

I had a lot of fun walking around. I’m still figuring out my camera, but I feel like I’m getting better with practice. I saw some huge lizards that I wish I could have caught a picture of and also two bunnies and a blue jay that were too quick for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment