Instagram

Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Moss Landing at Sunset


Moss Landing Dunes at Sunset, originally uploaded by sgrace.

Ever since I've had this new camera I've been addicted to taking pictures all over the place. It's like an excuse to go on little adventures.

Yesterday, for example, I had to go to class at CSU Monterey Bay, and instead of going straight there and back I decided to turn it into a photography trip. Whenever I'm commuting I always see places I want to stop or pictures I want to take but never have the time or courage to stop and check it out.

So I left an hour early and drove down to Cannery Row, which is in Monterey about 15 minutes South of CSUMB. I parked and walked around and took some pictures and then headed back to campus.

On the way to class I had seen fields of ripe artichokes that I really wanted to photograph. So, on the way home, I pulled over at the first chance and took some pictures right on the side of the road! I never would have done that before.

I was on a roll, then. I stopped at Moss Landing State Beach just as the sun was setting. I’ve driven by there countless times but never pulled in. Yesterday I did and I had the whole beach to myself. It was really windy, but there were lots of birds and I got some cool shots of the sunset.

No comments:

Post a Comment